LEGAL ROAD and or DepositDispute.com acts in good faith when making material available online. We recognise that from time to time that material published online may be in breach of copyright laws, contain sensitive personal data, or include content that may be regarded as obscene or defamatory. If you are concerned that you have found material on our website, for which you have not given permission, contravenes privacy law, is obscene/defamatory and in terms of copyright law is not covered by a limitation or exception, please contact us in writing stating the following:
Your contact details
The full details of the material
The exact and full url where you found the material.
If the request relates to copyright provide proof that you are the rights holder and a statement that, under penalty of perjury, you are the rights holder or are an authorised representative.
The reason for your request including but not limited to copyright law, privacy laws, data protection, obscenity, defamation etc.
Our contact details are: c/o Notice & Takedown, LEGALROAD LIMITED, 44 Highcross Place, Chertsey, KT16 9FN.
- Upon receipt of notification the ‘Notice and Takedown’ procedure is then invoked as follows:
LEGALROAD will acknowledge receipt of your complaint by email or letter and will make an initial assessment of the validity and plausibility of the complaint.
- Upon receipt of a valid compliant the material will be temporarily removed from the Website pending an agreed solution.
- LEGALROAD will contact the contributor who deposited the material, if relevant. The contributor will be notified that the material is subject to a complaint, under what grounds and will be encouraged to assuage the complaints concerned.
- The complainant and the contributor will be encouraged to resolve the issue swiftly and amicably and the satisfaction of both parties with the following possible outcomes:
- The material is replaced on the Website unchanged.
- The material is replaced on the Website with changes.
- The material is permanently removed from the Website.
- If the contributor and the complainant are unable to agree a solution the material will remain unavailable through the Website until such time as when a resolution has been reached.